Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Jammie Wars!

Sorry to disappoint, but we don't have a cool rap video to go with our Christmas jammies and if we did it would be more Sesame Street rap than 90's rap! And we'd be bragging about running to the mailbox and back rather than conquering triathlons.  Truth be told, I admire the Holderness Family, not just for their awesome matching pjs but for their creativity and the ability to edit it all together.    If you haven't watched the Holderness video yet you need too! Click right here.  Just as funny is the response I saw from the Thien Family gettin' jammie with it!

Despite the competition, I am still excited to reveal our own Christmas jammies!  I'm happy to say we got ours on a budget.  Ever tried looking for matching Christmas pajamas? Apparently, it's not just our family tradition.  It's an industry just as big as the Ugly Christmas Sweater!  Take the The Company Store.  Their matching pajamas start at $49... each! Each!  Times that by the number in your family and you quickly realize someone is making A LOT of money on pjs you wear for only a few days because you feel odd wearing them in the middle of July.  Sigh. Yes, they are very pretty and they look super comfy and make for great videos, but you can get your entire family's matching Christmas set for under what it cost for just one pair at The Company Store.  You just have to think outside the box!

Instead of matching we went with a theme and it all stemmed from Ryan wanting Ninja Turtle pajama pants from Target on Black Friday.  I did protest at first.  They weren't Christmassy at all!  On the other hand, they were just $10 bucks.  I almost said no and then came across a really cute Elmo pajama shirt on sale for $5.  In the middle of a large crowd at Target, I reasoned that we can all wear a fictional characters adored by kids and kids at heart!  It would be our theme!  Of course, Ryan was happy about my reasoning and quickly got his pants.  My shirt didn't come with any pants but I found pink ones on sale that worked.  For Keira, I picked out Super Girl pajamas that even I want to wear as an adult.  They came with a cape! How cool is that?!?  She also loves to spread her arms out and pretend to fly, so it was perfect.  We were set for under $50, in fact, with a couple bucks to spare!  On top of that, we can wear them all year long.  I barely wore my pajamas from Christmas.  It does feel weird wearing "Ho Ho Ho" pants when it's 80 degrees outside!

Although we can't wear them to bed until tomorrow evening (my rule) we put them on tonight for family pictures in front of the tree.  Here they are!

The show-only-your-pajama-pants-and-your-child picture.

The look-straight-and-smile picture.  
Ryan's leg is propped up on purpose 
so you can see the Ninja Turtles!

The we've-got-to-get-Dutchie-in-the-picture picture.  
Take 1.

Take 2.

And take 3. Keira looks older than her age in this one!

 And last but not least, my personal favorite, 
the let's-pretend-to-fly picture!

Ok, with a comic book effect.  She makes a cute super hero!

Side note: Ryan got me Sony Vegas last Christmas and I still haven't completely edited a single project!  So perhaps, if I can find the time to learn this year, next Christmas we can get into the game for realz.  In the meantime, peace out and peace to you & your family this the eve of Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment