Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Clean, healthy home - Why I'm falling in love with Norwex!


vs.


I'm working towards a new way to clean my home!  Between the stainless steel cleaner, the 409, Clorox wipes, Windex, and the Swiffer, not only are the fumes hard to handle, but I'm fearful of Keira's safety.  If I'm coughing while I'm wiping down the fridge, how will it affect her?  And inevitably, she'll lick the fridge, the stove and the floor.  Don't ask me why, she's going through a phase! 

When I found out about Norwex I was skeptical, but intrigued.  Most people have not heard of this company.  They've only recently made it's way into the United States.  As its name suggests, Norwex is a company born out of Norway and they make cleaning products that allow you to radically reduce the number of dangerous chemicals in your home.  In place of the toxic chemicals we are so accustomed to using, you use water and their microfiber clothes instead.

I only have two clothes but I've already said good-bye to a lot of the chemicals I listed above.  I probably won't say good-bye to all but I feel good about the progress I've made.  Keira can continue to lick away!  And not only is it better for the environment, but the best part about Norwex is that I can get her involved when it comes to cleaning our home!  Not only is it good family time, but these moments also make great teaching opportunities.  Norwex even makes kid sized cloths and a kid sized mop. 



How it works!
It's simple, really.  These are not your mama's microfiber clothes!  The strands in a Norwex cloth are 1/200th the size of a strand of hair.  It is so tightly woven that it literally (for once I'm using literally, literally!) lifts and removes ALL the dirt, grease and bacteria off the surface you are cleaning, even the porous ones.  And it doesn't stop there.  While most of the yuck will go down the drain, the micro-silver woven into the microfiber strands go to work to squash the bacteria left in the cloth, eliminating the need for toxic chemicals. See it take on bacteria in this news story!

Trying to spread the word!
I held a Norwex party this past Saturday wanting to share this with as many people as possible.  It turned out to be rather intimate, just one friend and myself.  We were both already familiar with Norwex, but we were happy to get more one on one time to see more of the product in action.  I did take some video I'd like to share. 

If you are interested in Norwex after seeing these videos follow this link to learn more or make a purchase.  My party will be open until the weekend.  After that feel free to contact my friend, Doreen Garris directly.

Norwex, so tightly woven it removes Sharpie marks from wood & tile with just water.



The new, better way I shine my refrigerator!
Stainless steel cleaner is probably what I despise the most.  It makes me cough and then it doesn't work very well. Well, I dumped the stuff!  I don't miss it at all and my fridge has never been so shiny.


But can it clean my oven door?
Yes, it can!  To be honest, I haven't cleaned the inside of my oven for months, so I was actually kind of scared for Doreen to test the product on it, thinking it would be impossible!  For tough jobs like this, Norwex makes an enzyme cleaner that's water based & biodegradable.  Normal oven cleaners can be just as toxic, if not more than stainless steel cleaners.  I was impressed!






The Butter Test
The Envirocloth takes butter off the window faster than Windex!



No comments:

Post a Comment